My name is Charnelle Pinkney Barlow and I am the lovely face behind Call Me Chartreuse. Originally from Poughkeepsie, Ny, I am an illustrator and surface designer that loves drawing as much as I love tea...and that's a whole lot of love!
Call Me Chartreuse was began as an idea in 2013, as playful doodles evolved into unique drawings. These hand drawn whimsical patterns and illustrations are inspired by everyday objects, animals, and food.
I leave it to my artwork to tell my stories and make others smile. Whatever I'm drawing is usually a dead giveaway as to what I'm currently obsessed with (did someone say donuts??).
The surface designs I create are made to delight your inner child. Anyone looking for something colorful, whimsical, and sometimes quirky has come to the right place.
Designs Are Perfect For:
- Wrapping Paper
Random Facts About Me:
- My first name is actually Charnelle-Rene, but no one has ever called me that... not even my parents.
- In undergrad, a friend of a friend was POSITIVE my name was Chartreuse...which is what led me to the name Call Me Chartreuse.
- I received my MFA in Illustration As A Visual Essay from the School of Visual Arts and BFA in Illustration from University of the Arts.
- I am an army wife. Our first duty station was in Fairbanks, Alaska...we saw a lot of moose.
- I have a not-so-secret love for turtles and I have no idea when it started.
- "A life without chocolate is no life at all" is my life's motto.